Saturday, August 29, 2009

One Step Done, One To Go

As of yesterday, I have an externship with the Watergrill restaurant four days a week. That is a very big load off my mind, as this is the perfect way for me to get experience in a kitchen. With the experience I'll gain, especially in such a high class restaurant, I don't think I'll have much trouble finding a job again.

This means I still have one big problem to fix in my life: making money. I have to have a way of creating income while upholding my schedule at the Watergrill. I have continued to apply to places, but it seems as if no one is hiring entry level people for any position.

The manager of the Grandville Cafe in the Americana in Glendale said they were looking to hire a busboy, so I went down there today to check up on that opportunity, but the manager was out until Monday. I have also been checking with a company called Fish King. They said they would call me if anything popped up, but I have been harassing them nonetheless.

Once I have these problems out of the way I can consentrate on learning as much as I can and working toward Eagle Scout.

Until next time,

- Sean Martin, Aspiring Chef

No comments:

Post a Comment